Position: Service Desk Technician Level 1 –
- Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do your favorite things?
- Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
- Do you love learning new things and putting them into practice?
- Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards hard work?
This is a Full-Time Entry-level role in a growing Managed Service Provider. As a Service Desk Technician, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality customer service experience! You will be able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from standard practices to accomplish the desired results. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems.
A successful candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Empathetic Listener, Very Personable
- Positive, Can-Do Attitude
- Willingness to speak up when something is not correct in a constructive manner.
- Professional, shows up ready to work every day.
- Has a passion for learning and continuous skill-attainment.
- Takes responsibility for a task through completion.
- Willing to tackle problems even if you have never seen before. Understands the line between working through something and asking for help when stuck.
- Ability to have technical conversations with non-technical people.
- Ability to have uncomfortable conversations with clients and management.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and remote management software
- Good written communications for note taking and communications with clients.
- Security Minded. We work with sensitive information.
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Able to successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Able to work 40 hours, with overtime opportunities.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications.
- Courteous and friendly with a high level of professionalism.
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and in a group.
- 1-5 years’ experience
- High Degree of confidentiality
- Valid and Clean Drivers License
- Reliable means of transportation
- Perform scheduled or reactive onsite service calls.
- Perform reactive remote support services.
- Analyze and solve various I.T. problems.
- Install and Troubleshoot Customers hardware and software.
- Provide regular ticket reviews and reporting to Operations Manager as required
- Escalate minor and major moves, adds, or changes to Professional Services and mCIO departments
- Provide continuous feedback on; recurring customer issues, customer dissatisfaction, process inefficiencies, lack of documentation, to the other delivery areas as required.
- Maintain high positive customer and user experience and relationships.
- Keep on top of development of relevant IT and telecommunication systems, hardware, and software applications within the industry.
- Adopt a continuous learning and improvement process in all aspects of this position.
- Assist in training, mentoring and development of staff.
- Perform general office duties as required.
About Underdog Computer and network Support
Underdog is a fast-growing Technology Success Provider based in the Poconos. We service clients in the Poconos/Stroudsburg Area, Lehigh Valley and Wilkes Barre/Scranton Area.
Due to Covid-19 for the short term we will be working remotely with opportunities to meet in person with frequent check ins. Further considerations for employment a candidate will have the following home requirements.
- Must have a secure, quiet and distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift(Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have DSL, Fiber, or Cable internet with a hardwired into a modem via ethernet cable. Your hardwired internet connection must meet the minimum speed requirements
- Ping 50ms or less
- Download speed 20 Mbps
- Upload Speed 3 Mbps
Underdog Computer and Network Support Will Provide
- Company Owned Laptop
- Company Owned Cell Phone
- On Going Training Opportunities via a Computer Based Training Service
- 5 Days PTO for the first year available after 6 months
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Overtime
- After Hours/Weekend On-Call Paid Stipend