What’s new and Exciting for 2020
Exciting things are happening at Underdog as we enter our 2nd year!
First I want to thank everyone who made 2019 such a success for us!
Below is what is new internally at Underdog. Most of these items are ready to role 2020. Some need a little more time!
* Re-branding. While we have gotten many compliments of our current logo. We were fortunate enough to be picked by a graphic design student. Her project was to re-brand Underdog not only with a new logo but Colors and branding guidelines.
*new website and email addresses. To align with our overall goals and vision for who Underdog will become. Our new website domain is underdogmcio.com. Our new email addresses will be @underdogmcio.com. No worries the old addresses will work as well!
* A new Help Desk phone number, so as we add new team members it will be easier to reach them. Stay tuned as we are refining this process. We will reveal the new number shortly.
We have met so many people this year, we have asked what they need help within their business and we have listened!
1. Refining Service Offering. We are refining our current service offerings to be more flexible to the needs of the business. While still keeping our focus on safety, security, and productivity. We have always believed that every business is different. You can’t shoehorn them into a particular plan. To that end, our plans will have a set of standards that we feel every business should have. Those standards will include anti-malware, internet protection, and patch management. Based on the business’s needs we can customize the rest of the options. The best part is you will have a budget-friendly technology solution. And a team that is looking after your best interest
3. Cloud-Based Phone Systems. We are expanding our Voice over IP Phone Services. Traditionally a Phone System was a device that was on-premise(in your office). With our expanded Phone-System- as-a-Service we can host your phone system in the “cloud”. If you have a mobile workforce they can all have an extension. Without the expensive hardware costs and infrastructure costs. Neatest feature if you want to shed the need for a traditional phone handset. You can download the APP on your cell phone. Your cell phone then becomes both your office phone and your private cell phone. You no longer need to worry about carrying 2 phones or giving out your personal number.
4. Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as a Service. Year after year there is more and more we are doing online vs traditional desktop applications. This is rendering the desktop/laptop a foregone conclusion. However without a computer how do you get online. We have started exploring options of “dummy terminals” and virtual network environments. The idea would be to provide you with inexpensive hardware to connect to a virtual desktop in the cloud. While keeping you secure and safe accessing your cloud-based applications. Keeping you connected to your local resources such as a printer or storage. Keeping a tight connection between your local network and your virtual network.
If you have any questions on anything you read here please don’t hesitate to reach out.